Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Photos from the past

                                                   Pete Doherty & Me - Photoboot


As a teenager i didn't like to look at family photographs. The nostalgia of a lost time was too much an emotion for me to bear.
These photographs reminded me that a moment was gone and the death of all things made me feel uncomfortable. It was a time when my parents had a really hard time at trying to take a picture of me, using all kinds of subterfuge that never seemed to work. Teenagers, eh!
I could only stand photographs that were created not to record a moment in time but as a quest for something that could stand on its own, as a pure form of creativity.
I have since accepted souvenir photographs as a part of the map of my life, but it stills makes me feel weird sometimes to come across a moment from the past through an old photograph.


                                                     Pete Doherty - Smoking

                                                    Pete Doherty - Jumping with guitar


Out of my friendship with Pete came some of my favorite photographs and a singing collaboration on his song 'Smashing'.
A nice memory from what seems like a past life.

No comments:

Post a Comment